Online Marketing, Advertising | Lighting Specialist | Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) | Print and Web designer | Marketing Event Coordination | Calendar Management | Business Development | Product & Food Photography | Headshots | Video Ads | Film & TV Production | Studio Production | Storytelling & Editing | Sound Recordist and Design | Brainstorm Sessions | Project Coordination | Innovative | Goal Attainment | Networking | Personnel Management | Problem-solving | Detail Oriented
Freelance, Sarg Media | Sacramento, CA | 1/96 - Present
Owner/ Sole Proprietor, 5 Star Wedding Films & Photography | Sacramento, CA | 1/16-Present
Assume responsibility for all tasks involved in day-to-day running of the business. Create company’s identity in print, at trade shows, online, and in social media. Spearhead online marketing using Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and Instagram Ads weekly. Run booth and table at open houses as well as at small and large bridal shows. Work with other like-minded businesses to create selling power in small groups. Collaborate with brides in wedding planning, album creation, and social media sharing. Speak with thousands of potential clients each year at open houses/ bridal shows.
• Handle 30-40 weddings per year, generating about $150K per year; balance books and keep financials in order.
• Organize teams weekly on different weddings / projects, payroll and accounting.
• Earned excellent reviews on Yelp, Google, and Facebook.
• Expanded business by adding photography to services; interviewed and tried out multiple photographers and some assistants; company now able to charge twice as much by offering two services while raising overhead by only 1/3.
Marketing Specialist, Enchanting Bridal Shows| Sacramento, CA | 4/16-Present
• Develop and implement corporate branding identification
• Design all marketing materials for web setup and print.
• Operate and maintain email marketing campaigns for multiple types of clients using Mailchimp
Implement sales funnels for bridal shows at Cal Expo; created a marketing dollar roadmap that spread all dollars across various marketing platforms, ranging from TV commercials to billboards, print, questionnaires, and polls; determine ROI for shows, and invest more in certain marketing strategies to steadily grow shows; analyze data from previous and current marketing campaigns to improve future results; increase social awareness of shows and target niche markets by running giveaways; increase visitors to site by implementing SEO strategies using ahrefs, link building, and Google products, such as Analytics, Tag Manger, and Ads.
• Publish thousands of posts every six months on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest using Hootsuite, buffer and tailwind; run giveaways, games, and promotions on Facebook and Instagram.
• Enabled site to gain 400+ times the viewers of non bridal show months (going from 200 local viewers per month to 4K+ per month) with very little money in marketing; used very specific marketing (geography- and demographic-focused marketing) to attract about 95% Sacramento audience to site.
• Ensured consistent success by effectively managing full-cycle marketing and advertising strategies, including estimating costs, managing resource allocation, and adjusting production schedules.
Co-Owner/ Digital Marketing Manager, Liquid iMedia | Sacramento, CA | 2/13-3/16
Managed full-cycle marketing and advertising strategies, including estimating costs, managing resource allocation, and adjusting production schedules. Devised and deployed viral video campaign strategies. Generated leads while managing marketing campaigns and programs. Determined competitor offerings and tactics for persuasion by studying demographic data. Scripted, organized, shot, and edited (pre productions, production to post production) four food and product commercials for TV/YouTube.
• Boosted conversion rates by implementing new SEM strategies and using Google Analytics; took one client from having zero site visitors to having 40K+ visitors per month.
• Optimized profitability, marketing strategy, and communications planning by effectively mentoring and guiding two-member executive team during business development decision-making.
Director of Photography, Dark Sky Pictures | Sacramento, CA | 4/08-9/12
Planned and prepared for all on-location and studio shoots. Interacted with crew members to oversee technical elements, including, graphics, audio, lighting, and camera movements. Arranged and conducted interviews with individuals knowledgeable about each story’s subject matter. Reviewed scripts to determine the most appropriate methods for directing both actors and crew members. Organized material, determined areas of emphasis, and wrote stories according to prescribed editorial styles and format standards. Created shot lists, booked talent and locations, and prepared sets for shooting to provide comprehensive production support. Optimized story visualization for diverse viewers.
• Oversaw three staff members, electric to grips.
• Streamlined costs and avoided waste by observing tight deadlines and strict budgetary controls.
• Completed projects with The Travel Channel and The Food Network when they traveled to Northern California; worked on two feature films, 20 short films, and 30 commercials.
• Determined optimal combination of media outlets for promotional campaigns, and allocated resources based on data analysis.a
Contact me today for a FREE WEBSITE AUDIT report!
Education, Certification & Technical Skills
Associate of Arts in Business Management – Heald Business College, Sacramento, CA
Diploma of Filmmaking: Film & Video Production International Academy of Film & Television – Cebu, Philippines (Awarded Best Thesis for Pag Asa [shown at seven film festivals from 2010-2011]) Awarded Most Technical
Certification – Hootsuite Certified Professional | Google Analytics for Beginners | PADI (Divers) | UAS (Drone Pilot)
Computer Skills – Premiere | Lightroom | Illustrator | Photoshop | InDesign | Wordpress | Google | Microsoft